Heart Screening Specialists
What We Do
Screening is the risk assessment of an individual to sudden cardiac death secondary to hypertrophy or arrhythmia. Healthy Hearts Healthy Lives will provide an on-site service to sports clubs offering:
1. Heart screening
Completion of questionnaire specifically designed to identify individuals who may be at risk of heart defects.
2. Electrocardiography (ECG) Testing
Carried out by specialists in field of Clinical Physiology and/or Nursing, both of whom are registered with their professional bodies and are experienced in carrying out ECG testing.
3. Echocardiogram (ECHO)
Carried out by specialists in field of Clinical Physiology and/or Nursing, both of whom are registered with their professional bodies and are experienced in carrying out ECHO testing.
- An Echocardiogram will only be carried out if irregularities are shown on ECG testing.
- Individual reports on results of testing will be provided and signed off by a Cardiology Consultant.
- Advice on follow up investigations will be provided, if required.
- A recommended referral pathway will also be provided via a specialist Cardiology Hospital specialising in SADS.
Target Audience: Individuals aged 14 to 35 years of age
Each individual will be given an information pack. This information pack will:
- Explain the service we offer, including our staff experience, the tests used and their validity.
- Contain a consent form to be signed by the individual and/or parent/guardian prior to engaging in the screening.
- Provide details on the risks associated with heart problems in sport.
- All individuals who consent to testing will undergo testing on that day.
- A mop up session will be carried out at a later date for those individuals for whom that date was unsuitable. Individuals will be provided with a written report within ten working days. If irregularities are noted following ECG testing, an ECHO will be carried out at an alternate date.
: +353 868601808
: +44 7712264298